Southern Coconut Bundt Cake Recipe
This cake is loosely based on a cake recipe I found in an excellent barbecue cookbook, Horn Barbecue, which I highly recommend for anyone honing their barbecue skills. It also has several mouthwatering southern cakes.
1 15.25 ounce white cake mix
1/4 cup butter
3 large eggs
1/2 cup sour cream
1 15 oz. can cream of coconut, such as Coco Lopez
1 8 oz. package softened cream cheese
1 cup softened butter
5 cups powdered sugar
1/2-3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 to 4 cups flaked coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a standard Bundt pan with non-stick with flour (such as Baker's Joy).
- Place the cake mix, butter, eggs, sour cream, and cream of coconut in a large mixing bowl and mix at low speed, scraping the sides once or twice, until mixed.
- Turn the speed to medium and beat until smooth.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan; bake 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean and the cake begins to pull from the sides.
- Remove from the oven and let sit 5 minutes. >li> Invert onto a cooling rack and let cool thoroughly.
- Frosting: Beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar, a cup at a time along with a few tablespoons whipping cream, until very light.
- Beat in the vanilla. Assembly: Frost the cooled cake; top with coconut. Store in an airtight container for several days.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 686 Calories from Fat 327
Percent Total Calories From:
Fat 48% Protein 2% Carb. 50%
Nutrient Amount per % Daily
Total Fat 36 g 56%
Saturated Fat 24 g 118%
Cholesterol 107 mg 36%
Sodium 426 mg 18%
Total Carbohydrate 86 g 29%
Dietary Fiber 0 g 1%
Sugars 31 g
Protein 3 g
Vitamin A 19% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 3%
Editor's Picks Articles
Top Ten Articles
Content copyright © 2023 by Karen Hancock. All rights reserved.
This content was written by Karen Hancock. If you wish to use this content in any manner, you need written permission. Contact Karen Hancock for details.